Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 12 - Galena - The 25 Packard Goes Home

The second day of their 1000 mile journey home from Galena, Illinois to Longview, Texas has been mechanically sound. That's good news for the Stewart's.  
Todd Bates




Left at 6am again, long day, 388 miles today and just 240 or so to go.  We are just south of Little Rock, AR. Boring day, nothing to take pictures of, nothing to do to the Packard, just check oil, water and of course gas it up. It's running just fine. Should be home by noon tomorrow. That will give me time to write up a good recap of events etc. Was warmer today as you know, however, ate lunch in northeast Arkansas it was 86, not too bad.  That's all for today.


David and Peggy Stewart   7-17-2011


2 comments:

  1. I'm curious about your gas milage. The cheapest I saw was $3.65 and up from there, so if you get 14 mpg just the cost of gas alone is a substantial amount. Can you believe that I remember .25/gal price war gas in the early 70s? Someone at the Meet said he looked forward to these old cars being converted over to something more fuel efficient. I looked at him like he came from the "dark side". I guess I'm an unapologetic purest when it comes to driving an old car. When you go into the forest to hunt, you go for the whole experience-pricey gas and all. Michael GPP

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the .25/gal gas also, I was making $35 for a 55 hr. week!

    ReplyDelete