Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 9 - Galena 2011 National Packard Meet - Judgement Day

For all interested:
Ark-La-Tex Packard members David & Peggy Stewart have concluded day 9 of their trip.
Absolutely fantastic pictures and commentary  
Hats off to you both
Enjoy,
Todd Bates



Well today was judging day in downtown Galena, Illinois. They blocked off the whole street for us.  You probably can't tell be the to be judged cars were on one side and the display cars like mine on the other.  I took lots of pictures, some of cars I really liked and some that others really like but at least a variety,  You will notice not only were the cars nice but the weather was gorgeous also. I have say thank you to Peggy for insisting that I bring a jacket on this trip, at 7:30 this morning it was 57 degrees, it got up to 76 at 4:15 p.m. as I write this. We had a good turnout of cars and people for this event.  There are lots of photos, sorry about that but I think most will enjoy.
By the way, tonight is a style and talent show, I am not in it.

David and Peggy Stewart   7-14-2011

























































2 comments:

  1. Really like the street-scene pic's. The architecture seems to suit the Packards. Thankyou David and Peggy for taking the trouble to document AND publish the details of your trip. That way people like me, clinging to the underside of the world, can also enjoy and appreciate your Packard journey.
    Thanks - Mal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to get to meet you both at the Meet. I took lots of photos myself, many of the same cars (naturally) but your photos beat mine. I need a better camera (or something, smile). Interesting that your shots were taken when the sun was not so bright out. Better shooting conditions as the results are more even in tone. BUT... for those that weren't there... there was plenty of bright sunshine! Michael Conner GPP

    ReplyDelete