Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 6 - Galena - 2011 Packard National Meet in Galena, Illinois

For all interested:
Ark-La-Tex Packard members David & Peggy Stewart are on day 6 of their trip.
The Longview to Galena trek has been a mechanical success in their 1925 Packard.
The tour started today and you would think after a 1000 mile journey the Stewart's would not be touring their Packard - But you don't know David and Peggy.
  Todd Bates


  

Well we awoke to 70 MPH winds, lightning, and heavy rain at 6 AM.  Checked the radar online and discovered that it would all be gone by 8:30.  I could not convince Peggy of that so we had to put the side curtains on.  Left the resort at 8:30 and we were on schedule for Spring Green Wisconsin and the House on the Rock.  The tour was in two groups so we wouldn't overwhelm the place.  Our group had 9 cars of which two were Packards, the trailer queens did not get out with us.  The second group had a few more including some nice Packards.  The 65 mile trip was uneventful however we were getting into dairy country which was more interesting than just corn crops and more aromatic.  The tour through the House on the Rock was interesting and difficult to describe, those of you who have seen it will attest to that, I thought it was interesting. The infinity room was best, I don't see how it was built. 
I have had quite a few inquiries about the oil rectifier on my car.  As I explain, it recovers raw gasoline that has blow by the rings as well as moisture from condensation from the crankcase, returning it to the intake manifold, thereby purifying the oil and utilizing the fuel thereby increasing gas mileage by perhaps 10% and double the life of the oil!  I am so fortunate to have one.  The elevation here is about 1100 feet and at home it is 420 feet so it will be down hill all the way home increasing my mileage again so I might even have some gas to sell when I get home. Enough for now.  By the way, the side curtains did not get wet and were removed at the House on the Rock.

David and Peggy Stewart    7-11-2011
















2 comments:

  1. My '49 23rd series Deluxe Club Sedan is stored in Kansas. I'm co-President of the Great Plains Packard club in Wichita. However, I live in Champaign, IL. now. I will be driving to Galena tomorrow to see the Thursday Main St. inspections/viewing. Wish I was driving a Packar. I admire your spunk. You must be a bit of a mechanic? Photo details of how the car drives and looks on the road are wonderful. Driving an old car is both fun and risky. The risk adds excitement to every mile of the journey. But Packards are pretty solidly built and straight forward in their mechanics, so the joy of cruising in confidence is also there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, Haven't heard of an Oil Rectifier before. Presume it's ab aftermarket fitting and that the last pic in this blog-spot shows it? Could you provide a brief description of how it works?
    Thanks - Mal

    ReplyDelete